Thursday, April 28, 2016

More Original Work

Sup guys. As the end of the semester approaches, I feel that the mood of the blog has relaxed considerably as we all become slowly more accustomed to each other's written voices and styles. I'm going to publish another piece of original work, open for criticism and revision. Again, please let me know if you feel that this inappropriate for what is technically an academic space.

DISCLAIMER: I did not actually cheat on my girlfriend. As I talked about in another post, this poem was inspired by this scenario I had in my mind wherein a man woke up in a cold sweat after dreaming he had cheated on his girlfriend.

It happened again
I dreamt I cheated on my girlfriend last night
Even worse
With her best friend.
It wasn't quite as blunt or blatant this time,
instead of full-blown pants off dirty deed,
it was simply inviting her to sleep in my bed
because she's afraid of the dark

I woke up scared, and excited, and ashamed.
The same thoughts that crossed my mind whenever I had these dreams of infidelity.
Do I really love her?
Or is it just physical?
Am I that much of a dick?
Am I going to one day realize that I'd rather live in dreams of doing sinful things with other girls -
one from France,
one from across town,
one I don't even think exists -
than in the real world?

No comments:

Post a Comment